I'm a mom of three kids. (Yes, you read that right.) Kids stuff all comes in packages. These packages cause an excess of waste. I save quite a bit of the containers and am constantly thinking of ways to reuse them. This week I came up with a make-up brush holder. (or pencil, paint brush, etc. holder.) Genius, I know.
1. Take your container and using some craft glue (I use the gold bottle Tacky Glue) glue a strip of fabric around.
2. If there is anything that I can teach you today, for all that is holy on whole wheat toast, please keep a pair of scissors dedicated for fabric cutting only. Please and thank you. You're welcome.
3. Cut a smaller piece of fabric, long enough to go from top to bottom of the container to cover the seam of the fabric you just glued around.
4. Let dry.
5. I added a strip of ribbon around the bottom and the top of the holder, just because...well, why the hell not. Ribbon is pretty.
6. After everything is dry, take your fabric only scissors and trim the top and bottom of all the pesky stray fabric pieces.
Waa-laa! A beauteous brush holder. Or kitchen utencil locator. Or a change bucket. Or a....well you get the picture. Have fun! If you do this project, email pictures!